We want to ask you for your understanding that the Coronavirus is forcing us to take unprecedented measures.
We are required to comply with the strict new health and safety regulations to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. We would like to share with you the daily precautions we have taken to protect you and our staff alike and we want to explain how you can help.
- Wash their hands on arrival at work; when leaving work and throughout the day.
- Have their temperatures taken at the start of their shifts and are screened for “observable” symptoms associated with Covid-19. Not doing so is illegal. We won’t allow anyone with symptoms to enter the workplace.
- All work surfaces, equipment, common areas and door handles are disinfected before work begins; regularly during the day and after work ends.
- Our teams clean the inside of the vehicles daily (including the handles etc.).
- We raise awareness by educating our staff and keeping them up to date about the dangers of the virus; the manner of its transmission; the measures to prevent transmission such as personal hygiene; social distancing; use of masks; cough etiquette and where to go for screening or testing. We have been doing this since January 2020.
Everyone on the premises and within our parking area – including suppliers, clients and staff – must wear masks covering their mouth and nose at all times.
Please help us when you visit our showroom by wearing your mask over your mouth and nose; keeping your distance from our staff and by trying not to touch anything. The staff will assist you by opening up the fireplaces etc. Please use the hand sanitizer and shoe disinfectant spray provided at the entrance.
- We are minimising the risk for staff and visitors in the showroom by providing hand sanitizer and shoe disinfectant spray at the entrance.
- Contact between our staff and the public is minimised. Solid, physical barriers have been placed at the reception and work stations.
- All customers and employees must maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from each other at all times.
- Staff wash and sanitise their hands between each interaction with the public and regularly while at work. All employees must ensure that their workstations are disinfected regularly. There are disinfectant sprays at all the work stations.
- Our staff members work on shift rotation with a majority of the staff working from home. We do this to minimise the number of workers at the workplace at any given time.
Deliveries / technical teams:
- Staff will wash their hands on arrival at an outside tap or from the bottled water provided in the vehicles.
- Staff will wear facemasks (& visors as much as is practically & safely possible).
- Staff will keep a minimum of 1.5 metres distance from the client at all times.
- Staff will wash their hands when leaving the client’s house at an outside tap or from the water bottles in the vehicle.
- Staff will try not to touch anything at the clients house like door handles, gates etc.
You as our client can assist us by:
Please help us when you visit our showroom by wearing your mask over your mouth and nose; keeping your distance from our staff and by trying not to touch anything. The staff will assist you in opening fireplace doors etc. Please use the hand sanitizer and shoe disinfectant spray provided at the entrance.
- We won’t allow anyone with symptoms to enter our showroom and workplace.
- Please open windows in the installation area if it is possible to ensure proper ventilation.
- Please don’t offer our team coffee, drinks or any other food items.
- Please wash your hands for 20 seconds and then use your own pen to sign the job card.
- Please wear face masks over your mouth and nose when talking to our staff and while they are at your house.
Client – It is your legal responsibility to let GC Fires know if you have been in contact with anyone who is sick or who is showing symptoms similar to / or the same as COVID 19, / or if you yourself have been sick. We expect 100% transparency from you.
Staff – It is our legal responsibility to let the client know if any staff member has been in contact with anyone who is sick or who is showing symptoms similar to / or the same as COVID 19, / or if any staff member is sick. You can expect 100% transparency from us.
Please cooperate with our technical teams, delivery staff and showroom personal to maximise your and their safety. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Gertjan van vliet
083 277 1843